Home » Categories » My style » Foolproof classic outfit: Retro blouse and flare jeans

Foolproof classic outfit: Retro blouse and flare jeans

Foolproof classic outfit: Retro blouse and flare jeans
Foolproof classic outfit: Retro blouse and flare jeans
Foolproof classic outfit: Retro blouse and flare jeans
Foolproof classic outfit: Retro blouse and flare jeans
Foolproof classic outfit: Retro blouse and flare jeans
Foolproof classic outfit: Retro blouse and flare jeans
Foolproof classic outfit: Retro blouse and flare jeans
People often say that my style is classic. I don’t know the connotation this word has overseas but French don’t mind the word “classic” at all. French style is classic but it has never been a synomym of basic. Over the years, I’ve realised that I’m always looking for the best key pieces but always with a twist. That’s the case with the little blouse from Suncoo Paris I’m wearing on the photos above. The fit is very classic, even retro, however the print is what makes the difference.

To style this little blouse, I unconsciously picked a consistent colour palette. I think that the burgundy and the dark indigo compliment each other really well. As the blouse is retro, I paired it with a pair of my favourite flare jeans. I added a black belt for a little contrast. It also complete the outfit in a very subtle way. Since I’m currently too lazy to properly hem my jeans, I put on my highest pair of mules. I won’t deny the fact that I like how long my legs look! I also picked a bag from Mango, which was the best one to complete the look.

If you had to define your style in one word, what would it be?

Retro blouse: Suncoo Paris/ Flare jeans: Mango (similar here)/ Mules: Mango (similar here)/ Bag: Mango/ Belt: Zara

Shop the look

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”2818630″]

16 Responses

1. Jandrew

This top has a Gucci feel , as Alessandro Michele the designer for Gucci plays
    with these retro patterns ! I love these types of patterns are they 60’s influenced
    70’s inspired , not really important. You embraced this top well and were able
    to incorporate it into your classic look , that’s personal style !
    Jandrew
    Dress The Part

2. wendee

you look amazing

The Glossychic

3. Sindy

I would say my style is conservative and simple.
    Just discovered your blog and I love how you styled these bell bottom jeans

4. Michelle Joseph

I would define my style as eclectic.

Mich x

5. Gigi Kiersten

Ana, I really love your look. I don’t know if I’m interpreting it wrong, but this outfit really gives me retro 70’s feel, especially with the wide leg jeans and the pattern. I’m in love with the shirt by the way and the handbag. Just so cute and classy. Thank you for sharing!

6. Anna

Classic and classy! The whole outfit- structure but also color scheme wise is giving me major retro/ 70s vibes and I’m undeniably in love with anything retro!

7. Catherine X

Love how burgundy and dark indigo look together! Your style is classic and chic with a twist. Love 🙂

Catherine

8. Irene

dark denim and burgundy definitely compliment this blouse well!

http://www.hintofgrey.com | Hint of Grey

9. Alexandra

Great post, thanks for sharing!

I always love your outfit.

Love,
    Ferbena.com | What to Wear With Fur Slides

10. Daniel

This look is super amazing! Love this vintage look! x

Daniel x

The Daniel Originals | Instagram: danielpoonvignez

11. Beautiful look! I love this 70’s style!

12. Lorena

I have no fear of the classic word either – You’re looking fab Aria and that blouse was a great choice.

13. ESTHER

Tots! love your style and this look is timeless and retro xx

14. Konstantina Antoniadou

This retro style outfit definitely looks amazing on you!

15. Deborah

I don’t think basic and classic are necessarily the same. Classics are chic and timeless while basics are just elements of an outfit.
    I think your style is definitely classic and most definitely a compliment!

16. Sarah Usha

I love everything about this outfit. It is chic yet with that 70s feel!