» » » A pretty shirt dress to wear all summer long

A pretty shirt dress to wear all summer long
A pretty shirt dress to wear all summer long
A pretty shirt dress to wear all summer long
A pretty shirt dress to wear all summer long
A pretty shirt dress to wear all summer long
A pretty shirt dress to wear all summer long
I know, I know… I haven’t posted on the blog for such a long time! I don’t exactly know where this came from. I tend to believe that I wasn’t completely happy with the content I’d post on here. Laziness and a strong creative were probably to blame too. I won’t lie that I felt guilty of not posting for such a long on here. However I’m back with new outfits and some handmade clothes!

Have you ever considered wearing shirt dresses? I haven’t for quite a long time especially during my late twenties. For the longest time, I had the feeling these dresses had a childish look. The thing is, I was confusing childish and youthful. And as a sucker for anything retro looking, I really wanted to give these dresses a go!

Hence why, I got this shirt dress from & Other Stories. I’ll have to admit that I just love this dress. It actually looks so feminine, especially because of it’s tight waist and flared bottom. To style this dress, as it’s getting warm in the south of France, I picked a pair of dark brown sandals. These sandals contrast really well with the pale yellow of the dress. As I didn’t want to overdo things in terms of accessories, I picked a natural coloured raphia bag from Rouje and I was good to go!

How would you style this dress?

Shirt dress: & Other Stories/ Sandals: Jonak/ Bag: Rouje (Old collection)

Let’s connect on Instagram

Shop my spring and summer picks

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”3577949″] [show_shopthepost_widget id=”3577950″]

13 Responses

1. Vanessa

Such a cute dress!

2. Faye M

Love this look! I have the same issue with wearing certain styles of dresses.
    Your sandals are everything!
    xo

3. Zsuzsa

Dear Aria, I really missed your posts, that nonchalance, effortless style which, I must tell you, I miss from Bloglovin”.

4. Emma Lisa

This dress is so pretty – love the colour! x

5. Georgina

Hi Aria
    It is so good to have you back on the block! You have given me so many inspirational ideas in the past. Anyway back to business.
    I just loved this dress, it is so versitile. It can be dressed up for a summer wedding with a clutch bag and strappy sandles or worn with black tights and a sweater in the winter. I would probably belt it just to define my waist more and tie the belt colour in with my shoes or bag.

Welcome back x

6. My lovely people

Hi dear, we really miss you. I really glad yo come back. I love your sandals, they look amazing with this dress. You don’t need too much to be gorgeous. I love your style!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend

Kisses from Miami
    Alba X Mylovelypeople

7. Mireia

Love the pattern of the dress! Really cute!

Mireia from TGL

8. Ruzu

super cute, simple shape but perfect for summer days
    I wish something similar but in differente color, i am not a fan of yellow XD,
    xo.

9. Eleanor

This looks lovely on you. Where I live the sun is much too strong to go without a something to protect my face and neck so I would probably just add a cream or natural coloured straw hat.

10. Selma

Such a cute dress.

Selma

11. Sarah

I love the look. Easy and comfortable. I had a similar idea about certain clothing as well, specifically graphic tee shirts. Any tips would be appreciated? Thanks!

12. SundayDahlias

I’m such a fan of yellow, so this dress is right up my alley!

13. Christina Chaff

The colour and pattern of this dress is amazing. It looks cool on you!